Educational Funding & Scholarships
The workplace of Financial help and Scholarships reports towards the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management including listed here units that are functional workplace of Undergraduate Admissions, school funding and Scholarships, scholar Ideas Systems as well as the workplace associated with the University Registrar.
The University of Kansas workplace of Financial help and Scholarships (FAS) serves pupils, families, additionally the community by giving federal, state, and institutional aid that is financial and resources to aid pupils in attaining their academic objectives. FAS is dedicated to supplying quality economic aid solutions to its constituents while keeping accountability within the administration of general public, institutional, and personal educational funding funds. Services are made to offer the academic objectives associated with the student that is individual the objectives of this college while they relate genuinely to retention and graduation.
This place is important in administering education loan, work-study, and give programs. These obligations need strong social abilities, focus on information together with power to make use of a student that is diverse, along with an aptitude for administering school funding programs to make certain conformity along with Federal Title IV laws. The employees user in this place must efficiently administer educational funding programs in support of y our objective to make sure access and help development and gratification of our pupils.
Job definition 40% Coordination of most Loan Programs
- Must keep strong familiarity with federal loan laws to make sure conformity and defenses of this University’s fiduciary obligations to both pupils and our campus lovers.
- Oversees the day-to-day processing of Direct Loans and personal loans.
- Insures conformity by reviewing loan that is daily/weekly to examine and resolve pupil degree problems surrounding yearly and aggregate loan limitations, NSLDS checklists, along with other eligibility problems.
- Executes reconciliation that is monthly of Loan programs together with scholar Suggestions Systems and Financial solutions.
- Supervises the mortgage Coordinator whom manages the processing for personal and federal loans, including PLUS and Grad PLUS loans.
- Determines eligibility for loans, procedures loans, monitors alterations in eligibility, and adjusts help appropriately.
- Develops and keeps procedure and policy papers linked to all loan programs.
- Assesses loan processing tasks and makes tips for increased efficiency.
online payday loans
۴۰% Work Learn and Give Management:
- Administers the Federal Work-Study (FWS) system and Kansas profession Work-Study (KSCWS) programs; determines eligibility and prizes correctly.
- Monitors the FWS investment student and balance profits, including utilising the DEMIS portal together with Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) to trace expenditures.
- Corresponds with all the Shared provider Center regarding FWS earnings limitations, possible increases in prizes, and retroactive investment modifications.
- Functions as the FWS liaison and offers training to campus lovers.
- In charge of keeping up-to-date with federal laws pertaining to FWS and developing/updating policies that are annual procedures.
- Serves as the liaison towards the University job Center into the management associated with Kansas job Work-Study Program.
- Determines eligibility and honors the KU Global Student Tuition Grant (KUISTG). Communicates with Student Account & Receivables Glacier that is regarding paperwork and places/releases holds on records.
- Determines eligibility and administers the Federal EDUCATE grant, including reporting and maintenance of pupil documents into the typical Origination and Disbursement system.
۲۰% Financial Education and Service Delivery
- Counsels prospective and current pupils and families regarding school-related school funding issues, and reacts completely to escalated inquiries, such as the application and awarding process, cost management and also the securing of resources to generally meet costs.
- Reacts to complex concerns (including escalated phone phone calls and visits) from potential pupils, present pupils, moms and dads, campus peers yet others regarding aid that is financial and extra financing has to go to, progress and graduate.
- Assists with outreach tasks ( e.g. FAFSA conclusion, twelfth grade activities) to guide recruitment tasks together with KU Admissions office, and also other school funding activities on campus for present pupils.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 yrs experience that is relevant Master’s degree at period of visit.
- Experience doing work in school funding, scholarships, admissions, related or advising section of advanced schooling.
- Experience producing efficiencies through technology, including experience with information question and analytics.
- Exceptional interaction abilities as evidenced by the applying materials and meeting procedure.
- Experience with interpreting regulations that are federal developing/implementing programs to adhere to those laws.
- Demonstrated strong solution distribution abilities, including dealing with a population that is diverse.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in problem-solving for a number of circumstances.