If your wanting to apply.
Signup for related jobs and profession advice from Uncubed, delivered directly to your inbox. It is possible to unsubscribe whenever you want.
Sr. Item, Regulatory & Business Counsel
LendUp, Oakland, CA remote(temporarily)
Our objective would be to provide you aren’t a road to better economic wellness.
LendUp is just a technology that is financial situated in Oakland dedicated to transforming the subprime credit and financing area. We’re a Y-Combinator alum (YC W12) supported by prominent investors such as for instance Bing Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and Kapor Capital. Our item will be found in 7 states and we’ve seen great press protection inside Wall Street Journal, Financial instances, CNN, NBC, TechCrunch, Venturebeat, Inc, Wired, Bloomberg, Fortune, and Dow Jones, and others.
Exactly what we’re doing:
At LendUp we have been for a objective to offer a person with a path to higher health that is financial. Thousands of people don’t have admission to quality credit. Their choices are usually unfair and limited, plus it’s simple to become caught in a financial obligation period. This is actually the first issue LendUp attempted to resolve, through the use of our blended expertise in computer software, information science, credit, and training, to your shared passion for monetary health insurance and dignity.
Our core product, the LendUp Ladder, is an alternate to pay day loans that transforms a trap into a way to borrow at reduced prices and build credit. And each time, we come across our clients succeed. We’re building extra financial loans which will help united states further speed up our mission of supplying you aren’t a course to raised monetary wellness.
The Sr. Product, Regulatory and business Counsel are in charge of doing work in close partnership with specific sections and get across practical groups to present appropriate and guidance that is regulatory LendUp develops, implements and updates its services and products.
- Advise company lovers that are taking care of brand new and existing products from product development through launch, including conformity advising in terms of such services and products
- Provide timely, succinct and business-focused legal services on federal and state customer banking and lending legislation, including Regulation E, TILA and Regulation Z, MLA, ECOA, FCRA and UDAAP, and banking laws like BSA/AML, and information privacy and security laws and regulations.
- Advise the LendUp item group on item advertising, ads and disclosures.
- Offer regulatory advice to LendUp’s commercial and federal government relations counsel to aid with negotiating commercial and bank agreements, and help legislative and policy things.
- Offer regulatory advice and help to LendUp’s conformity group.
- Make use of banking institutions in developing cardholder agreements, disclosures along with other item collateral
- Instruct and handle outside counsel, because necessary
- Manage LendUp’s state financing licensing demands, including getting and licenses that are maintaining
- Construction and draft loan agreements for LendUp services and products
- Handle litigation and work issues, and any matter impacting a business, as required to offer the company
- A proven high-caliber, skilled, solution-oriented and proactive lawyer with experience with the financing area
- Deep experience analyzing and advising on an array of problems linked to the monetary solutions industry, with certain expertise on consumer digital banking, individuals in several repayments systems, including issuer processors and system supervisors, sub-prime and installment loans, like the rules, foibles associated with banking institutions and state certified
- Deep knowledge of Regulation E, Regulation Z, BSA/AML, TILA, ECOA, FCRA, MLA and state regulations regarding lending
- Capability to balance working individually with little to no guidance and dealing closely and collaboratively within a tiny team that is legal
- Power to interface effectively with known quantities of the organization (administrator administration, HR, business divisions, etc. ) and also to gain the trust and self-confidence of other people
- A keen feeling of ownership, and very adaptable up to a environment that is fast-changing
- A solid business focus with practical danger understanding
Education online payday KY and Experience
- JD and 8+ years of expertise, including exercising in-house at a busy FinTech startup business (or in an comparable environment) for at the least 36 months, with significant consider customer financing
- Preferred candidate could have experience employed in the payments area, straight with regulators representing certified businesses, and negotiating and drafting complex monetary solutions contracts
- Tested solution oriented and imaginative problem solver
- Power to manage numerous projects at the same time, with effective quality of conflicting priorities
- Exemplary dental and written interaction abilities and capability to work both in groups and on their own
- Admitted into the CA a situation club or subscribed counsel that is in-house their state Bar of Ca
LendUp has all the stuff you’d anticipate from a mission-driven business, like a competitive income; very early phase equity; 100per cent business paid medical, dental and eyesight insurance; nice vacation/sick leave policy; 401(k).
But right here’s that which we really like about LendUp lifestyle:
- We’re invested in a diverse and comprehensive culture that spurs innovation and produces a significant and impactful work place
- Certainly one of our values is “different backgrounds, exact same objective. ” We’re passionate about diverse prospects and also have channels that are slack to sets from mu
LendUp can be an Equal Possibility Employer
We stretch equal job opportunities to qualified candidates and workers for an basis that is equal of ones own age, competition, color, intercourse, faith, national beginning, disability, intimate orientation, sex identification or phrase, maternity status, marital status, armed forces or veteran status, hereditary disposition, or just about any other explanation protected for legal reasons.